Biomarkers in research and clinical practice
|12 Mar 2014||1 day session (9am to 4pm)|
This one day course is part of Nowgen’s Stratified Medicine themed training programme.
This is an introductory level course suitable for delegates in the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare sector or research that require an understanding of biomarkers in research, drug development and clinical practice. The course will include an open discussion session for delegates to discuss their areas of specific interest.
- Biomarker discovery (Dr Richard Unwin, CADET, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- Biomarker validation (Dr Jeff Cummings, Paterson Institute, The University of Manchester).
- Biomarkers and patient selection (Dr Maria Orr, AstraZeneca).
- Pharmacodynamic markers (Dr Tony Nash, AstraZeneca).
- Biomarkers and tissue sampling (Professor Chris Womack, AstraZeneca).
- Applying pharmacogenetic biomarkers to clinical trial data to inform drug efficacy and safety (Dr Colin Spraggs, GlaxoSmithKline).
- Case study: Brain imaging biomarkers in psychiatry (Dr Rebecca Elliott, The University of Manchester)
- Case study: microRNAs as tissue specific biomarkers of drug-induced liver injury (Dr Chris Goldring)
Understand the different classes of biomarkers and their applications
Gain an understanding of the methodologies used in the discovery, validation and assay development of biomarkers
Learn how predictive biomarkers are used for patient selection in drug development
Understand what pharmacodynamics markers are and how they are used in decision making in early drug development
Understand the challenges of tissue sampling, storage and tracking to ensure tissue is fit-for purpose in biomarker discovery
Understand how biomarkers are used to predict, detect and monitor adverse drug effects
- Explore two case studies where biomarkers are being applied in a research setting
Download the course flyer here
For more details review the provisional course programme here
Course fee includes lunch & refreshments:UK public sector: £240
Private & overseas: £360
Multiple booking discount (for 2 delegate bookings made together):
UK public sector: £380
Private & overseas: £520
*for 3 or more delegates - please ask for price
*Multiple booking, CMFT and University of Manchester delegates should register by emailing email@example.com or calling 0161 276 5956 for discounted price to be applied.
Course coordinator: Angela Davies
For all course enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship provided by