Nowgen's Public Programmes facilitate dialogue with diverse audiences about biomedicine. Ultimately, we want to foster an environment in which citizens are empowered to make informed decisions about their healthcare and where biomedical research can flourish.
Nowgen leads on public and patient engagement for the University of Manchester: Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: Research and Innovation division (CMFT R&I), Manchester Biomedical Research Centre and supports the NIHR Manchester Musculoskeletal BRU: Clinical Research Faculty.
Nowgen's comprehensive programme aims to:
- share genetic knowledge and raise awareness;
- stimulate thinking and facilitate dialogue;
- understand public/patient experiences and expectations;
- involve patient and the public in the research process;
- ensure that public views are represented in decision-making processes.
To find out more about our activities, use the links below: