Public Engagement and Schools
Nowgen places public engagement and patient involvement at the core of our activity.
Nowgen's Public Programmes facilitate dialogue with diverse audiences about biomedicine. Ultimately, we want to foster an environment in which citizens are empowered to make informed decisions about their healthcare and where biomedical research can flourish.
Nowgen's comprehensive programme aims to:
- share genetic knowledge and raise awareness;
- stimulate thinking and facilitate dialogue;
- understand public/patient experiences and expectations;
- involve patient and the public in the research process;
- ensure that public views are represented in decision-making processes.
We are working with researchers within the Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (MBRC) to encourage more patient and public involvement. Nowgen wrote the MBRC's strategy for ‘Working with patients and members of the public’.
To find out more about our activities, use the links below: